A certificate in teaching English as a foreign language
Cambridge CELTA course
Imagine with CELTA
Imagine yourself on a white-sand beach in Mexico, or Thailand, or New Zealand. You’re wandering around a walled medieval town in China or Japan. You’re having a coffee and people-watching in a stylish café in a vibrant European city. Now imagine you don’t have to go home. You’re not a tourist and it’s not a holiday. You live there. You work as an English Language Teacher and your job helps you to meet new people, make friends, and immerse yourself in the richness of another language and another culture. Your Cambridge CELTA qualification is the passport to all these dreams and more.
Cambridge CELTA is the most prestigious, practical and widely-accepted initial qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages. A certificate for expert speakers of English.
Discover the world, discover yourself – with Cambridge CELTA.
What is CELTA?
The Cambridge CELTA Certificate trains you in teaching English to speakers of other languages. It is an initial teacher training qualification in what is commonly called TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language), TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or ESL (English as a second language).
In the UK, CELTA is a Level 5 award on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Who is CELTA for?
CELTA is intended for:
- Candidates with no previous teaching experience
- Candidates with experience but no professional training
- Expert speakers of English, native or non-native
Why is CELTA the best choice?
There are many cheaper teacher training courses available, including many online programmes with no practical component. But would you, for example, take a driving course which uses a computer simulator instead of practising in a real car?
- On the CELTA course you not only study modern teaching methods but you also have the chance to practise what you learn – in a real classroom with real students
- Employers world-wide demand the CELTA as a minimum qualification because they know that you have received a thorough course of training by expert tutors
- CELTA is run by Cambridge University English Assessment, a guarantee of quality
- Every course is inspected by a Cambridge representative in order to ensure that quality training is provided
Can I do the CELTA in different formats?
We offer 3 different ways to do the course:
- a 4-week full-time intensive course
- a part-time blended course lasting 14 weeks, with online methodology and face-to-face teaching practice on 10 Fridays
- NEW!! A part-time blended course lasting 16 weeks, with online methodology and an intensive two-week teaching practice block
What are the minimum requirements to apply for the course?
- You need to be 18 years old
- You don’t need to have a university degree but you need to have a standard of education acceptable for higher education in your country
- You can be a native or non-native speaker of English but you must be a proficient user of English, of course. If you have learned English as a second language, you need demonstrate that you have a C1 or C2 level, although an official qualification is not obligatory
Where can I do the CELTA with CLIC IH?
- We run the course at two locations – in our centres in Sevilla and Málaga.
- See our dates and prices.
Dates and prices 2019
Please read carefully before proceeding. Application is free of charge and no deposit is required until the applicant has been accepted onto the course.
Click the CELTA APPLICATION FORM button, fill out the form and save it. Send the PDF.
Choose type of interview (phone, Skype or in person), complete the handwritten task and do the interview.
After Course Confirmation
Pay the deposit to reserve your place and pay the course fees befote starting.