Spanish for medical students in Seville
Our Spanish for medical students course in Seville focuses on improving the vocabulary related to the systems of the body. Everything is geared towards developing the necessary skills for students to be able to carry out a patient interview without the assistance of an interpreter.
20 or 30 lessons per week, 50 min each
Schedule 9:15 to 13:00 (20 lessons) or until 15:10 (30 lessons)
6 to 10 students per class
Minimum age 18
It is common for foreign doctors to use interpreters when dealing with Spanish speaking patients, the Medical Spanish course is designed to overcome these limitations, focusing on the patient interview and a host of sub-tasks that constitute the routine work of a medical professional.
Focus areas for Medical Spanish lessons include:
- Patient’s family history and social background.
- The Spanish healthcare system: a description.
- The medical history of the patient.
- Pain: asking questions about different types and places of pain.
- Inflammations and infections.
- Toxicology: the most common symptoms of toxins, questions to be directed at the patient or a third party, as well as preventative measures.
The systems of the body: vocabulary and expressions necessary to describe and discuss the related organs, diseases, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments, as well as instructions for how to carry out a medical examination related to the following systems:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory
- Nervous system
Spanish Level Test
Take this short test to get an estimate of your level of Spanish
Dates and Prices 2019
Experience Spain like never before. Our wide range of immersive activities will help you get to know Spanish culture in an authentic and unforgettable way.
Let us help you find your home away from home. From private apartments to student residences, we have something for everyone.