Introduction to Young Learners
This Young Learners Course offers teachers who previously possess the CELTA certificate or other formal training in ELT the chance to gain training in teaching children aged 4 to 16. The course is ideal for newly qualified ELT teachers, those with little experience of children’s classes, or for more experienced teachers looking for new ideas for their lessons.
Young Learners content
20 sessions of approximately one hour and 15 minutes each, amounting to 30 hours of input time. This will also include observation and analysis of videos of YL classes.
Each participant will be observed teaching Young Learners classes by an approved tutor for a minimum of 3 hours. These classes may be the teacher’s own classes or special Teaching Practice classes created for the course. There will be a minimum of 45 minutes of tuition time (pre-lesson guidance and post-lesson feedback) given for each hour of teaching.
Observation of experienced teachers
Each participant will observe experienced teachers of Young Learners teaching for a minimum of 4 hours. For each of the hours of observation, participants must complete an assigned observation task.
Each participant will be given a minimum of two tutorials which will involve the discussion of observation tasks and the trainees’ general progression up that point of the course.
Each participant will need to complete two written assignments. These will be set and submitted during the course. A third optional assignment for a further endorsement of the trainee’s experience will be set during the course but can be submitted up to two years from completion of the course. In addition, there may be homework tasks set after some input sessions.
The course is not designed with one particular age group in mind. Input sessions cover the complete range of young learners (from 3 years-teenagers). Teaching Practice will concentrate on two or three particular age ranges. Entry Requirements
|Start date||End date|
|Start date||End date|
- Face-to-face methodology and feedback sessions – Fridays 10:00-14:00 at Clic, C/Mendez Nuñez
- 4 teaching practice assessments with your students (2 different levels) at your school (Seville area only)
- Course accredited by Cambridge Assessment English
- 80 hour 2-week (Intensive course)
- Teaching practice with Primary and Secondary school children
- Methodology sessions, lesson and assignment support and guidance and feedback
- For qualified teachers (CELTA or equivalent) with a native or near-native level of English (C1+)
- Accredited by Cambridge Assessment English and IH World organization