Medical Spanish focuses on developing the vocabulary related to the systems of the body. Everything is geared toward developing the necessary skills for students to carry out a patient interview without the assistance of an interpreter.
20 or 30 lessons of 50 mins per week
Schedule 9:15 to 13:00 (20 lessons) and 13:30 to 15:10 (30 lessons)
6 to 10 students per class
Minimum age 17 plus
Interviewing a patient is the main focus for a medical professional working in a Spanish-speaking environment, as this will be the way they will collect their information.
It is common, though, for foreign doctors to use interpreters for patient interviews with speakers of Spanish.
In order to overcome these kinds of limitations, the Medical Spanish course is designed around the patient interview and a host of sub-tasks that form part of the routine work of a medical professional or doctor.
Areas of focus for Medical Spanish lessons include:
- The family and social background of the patient.
- The Spanish heath system: a description.
- The medical history of the patient.
- Anatomy: revising parts of the body.
- Pain: vocabulary and asking questions about different types and places of pain.
- Inflammations and infections.
- Toxicology: the most common toxics; symptoms; questions to be directed to the patient or a third party; preventative measures.
- The systems of the body: vocabulary and expressions necessary to describe and discuss the related organs, diseases and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment and instructions for carrying out a medical examination related to the following systems:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory
Dates and Prices 2017
Experience Spain like never before. Our range of immersive activities will help you get to know Spanish culture in an authentic and unforgetable way
Let us help you find your home away from home. From private apartments to student residences, there is something for everyone.